California is one of five regions where almonds are harvested, an estimated 80% of the world's almonds harvest is exported from California to the rest of the world. The remaining 20% of the almond harvest is exported from Spain, Italy, and Australia.
Almond production in the central valley yielded 370 million pounds of almonds in 1995, nearly 168 million kilograms.
2020 the department of agriculture in the U.S recorded a substantial almond harvest of 3.1 billion pounds and converted to a whopping 1.4 billion kilograms.
In 2020, almond growers increased their land dimensions from 1,958 square kilometres to 2,500 square kilometres.